
Hi everyone, last week Buffy went to the doctor for her treatment. The doctor gave us great news. The cancer is going down and everything is looking great so Buffy and I packed up the rig, rolled off our ramps, then we headed to the coast to meet up with Ron & Joanne, our great friends.
I am sure you know nothing about our ramps so I took some pictures to show you.

The Beaverton Elks Lodge supply the ramps so you can get level. I know it don't look high.
I am sure you know nothing about our ramps so I took some pictures to show you.
The Beaverton Elks Lodge supply the ramps so you can get level. I know it don't look high.
now what do you think ???
While we were at the lodge we got to know many people who became friends. They are all great people. They all asked if there is anything they could do for us. One guy and I played golf a few times and last Monday he and I got to play Pumpkin Ridge. It is a private course and the LPGA played there this past weekend. They played on the Public side while Steve and I played the private side.
OK enough about my great day playing golf and more about our travels. Buffy and I headed to Netarts Bay OR just outside of Tillamook OR. The weather was getting hot in Portland and the weather in Netarts Bay around 55 at night and around 65 -70 during the day.
Yep that is the bay behind that rig but it is hard to see.
Most of the people here fish for crab bring them back to the dock, clean them and cook them.
Well after watching all those people catching and eating dungeness crab we packed up the car and off we went to catch our own crab. After a short drive we we found a place to get our crabs but we ran into some pretty tough people, all is well I held them at bay while Buffy, Joanne and Ron ran into the place.
Things were looking bad. These crabs wanted to eat us so after a fight we found the ones we wanted.

"Oh now they tell me not to touch"
So now we head back to our rigs to clean, cook, and have the best dinner ever.


Wonderful food, great friends what more could someone ask for. While we were there Ron and Joanne took us around the area. I think that the Oregon Coast is by far the prettiest place I have ever been to. Remember if you click on the pictures they will get bigger and more clear. Here are some of the pictures that I took.


Wonderful food, great friends what more could someone ask for. While we were there Ron and Joanne took us around the area. I think that the Oregon Coast is by far the prettiest place I have ever been to. Remember if you click on the pictures they will get bigger and more clear. Here are some of the pictures that I took.
Ron and I went to the Cape Meares lighthouse. It was put into operation in 1890 and stands on a cliff 200 feet above the ocean. The lighthouse is the shortest lighthouse on the Oregon coast measuring 38 feet tall.
This is the Octopus Tree
One day we went to the Tillamook Cheese factory. What an operation.
After a great 4 days on the Oregon Coast Buffy and I packed up the rid and headed out. We are now at the Tacoma WA. Elks lodge and will stay a couple of days. I will update our blog in a week or so. We must be back in Portland so Buffy can have her last chemo treatment before heading to AZ to finish up her treatments.
Buffy and Paul: So happy to hear all is going so well, and you are yelling " holy poop " and having a ball. Congrats to you Buffy. Keep up the good work. The pictures are really great & you are enjoying the gypsy life, doing what I always dreamed that I would do. Some people are just smarter than others. Please keep sending info and pictures as it is great to share your adventures. The best to you both and have a ball wherever you manage to land. Miss you both. Keep the Elks clubs going everywhere. Susan and Pete.
ReplyDelete