Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Yosemite

Well two weeks ago Buffy had a chemo session on Monday and we headed to Yosemite National Park on Tuesday. We arrived at the Oakhurst Elks Lodge on Thursday and had to wait till Monday for her to feel better to leave the RV to see the park. It was a wonderful two days.


We went to the see the giant Sequoias but the pictures do not do justice to the size of them



Remember to click on the pictures to make them bigger for better viewing. Here we stopped at Glacier Point. The view was wonderful








We were lucky to see the falls this late in the year, Usually they are dried up by this time but because of all the snow they had last year the falls keep flowing.








Here is what they called a controlled lightning strike fire I hope they are right.

Buffy wanted to go someplace cooler so off we went to Pismo Beach CA. We were here a couple of years ago and came back to visit with my God Mother Rita and her husband Ed. The weather was wonderful 65 to 70 during the day and 50 to 55 during the night. I walked 4 miles everyday on the beach. There are sand dunes just off the beach and people camp out on the beach and play on the dunes with thier ATV's. On Saturday they closed the beach because over 50 thousand people were there. On Sunday it looked like a freeway






People play hard in the ocean and on the beach, They fly kites, para surf, and ride the waves on jet skies. Boy this looks like fun. I think I could live here with temperatures like this all year round.




Then I saw something and said I am going to do that.



Well here we go and don't ya know as soon as I was strapped into the plane my camera stopped working. We met a couple of great people who stayed next to us Ken And Darleen so I invited Ken to fly with me and he did after which we went to a winery to celebrate him not puking. hehehehe





We are heading back to the Tempe AZ area for a couple of days. Buffy must have some blood work done on Friday then we will be heading to Payson AZ for the rest of the summer. We will keep you all informed about what we are doing and where we are.

Paul & Buffy















1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update and beautiful pictures, Paul. God bless you & Buffy and hope things will go as well as possible!

    ReplyDelete