On Monday, August 31st, Buffy and I celebrated our 24th anniversary. We went for a ride around Tacoma WA. and then went for a real nice dinner on the waterfront. It was a real nice day and we both had a great time. On Tuesday I went in to the Tacoma, WA. Elks Lodge. What a place it is. They have a large workout area with steam baths, saunas, handball courts, bowling alleys and an olympic size pool. What a beautiful lodge. The lodge had 12,000 people at one time now they are down to 2400 so they are selling the building and going to build a new lodge across the street on their golf course. The picture on the right is the entryway into the building. Each fountain that you see is dedicated to someone. Check out the plaque in the 2nd row of pictures. On Wednesday I attended their lodge meeting WOW was that cool. They have a 14 piece band playing instead of an organ, then I met a guy who showed me loyalty, check out his arm. Remember to click on the picture to expand it for easier viewing.



Tuesday Buffy and I went to Seattle for the day. We went to a place called Pikes Market they have fresh fish, flowers, fruit and more. They had a salmon that weighed 30 lbs. If you buy a fish the person who sold it to you takes the fish and throws it to another person behind the counter who wraps it up for you to take home.


We also stopped at the space needle, but since Buffy is afraid of heights we just took some pictures.

I then decided to go into space it was great fun.
W
e ended the day visiting Boeing's air museum. It had WWI and WWII planes along with the first Air Force 1 plane used to transport J.F. Kennedy.


On Thursday we went to the the Museum of Glass it was real cool. They had a glass blowing demonstration. On the outside there there is what they call the bridge of glass by Chihuly.



On Friday we left Tacoma and headed off to Sequim WA. and will stay at the Elks Lodge there for about a week. Buffy and I hope you all enjoy our blog.
You two are having way to much fun.:) I order you to come home right now!!! Keep up the great posts.
ReplyDeleteI miss you both. Stay safe.