Sunday, January 16, 2011

Having Fun

Hi all,

Buffy and I hope you had a very merry Christmas and a wonderful and safe New Year.

Last week Buffy and I saw her doctor and they gave us a pretty good report. The chemo is working and the cancer is shrinking. Her blood count is down and she might need a transfusion soon but all & all she is doing good. After chemo treatment Buffy usually gets sick for five to ten days after and it makes her weak. Just when she starts to feel better along comes another treatment.

Last week Ken and I went on a 4 1/2 mile hike on the Peralta Trail. The elevation went from 2400 to 3900 feet. The climb was tough but it only took a couple of hours. When we reached the top we were able to see Weavers Needle where we stopped and had lunch before heading back to the car.




Now we are near the top and we found a cave. I told Ken to go in and check it out. I was tooooo big to go in hehehehehe so he should enter and report back.




OK we made it to the top and the climb was well worth it. The view of Weavers Needle is fantastic.



On our way back down I stopped on the trail to take a picture .It is now the desktop on my computer. You can click on it to make it bigger and save it if you want.



A couple of weeks before a few of us from the park went Geocaching .It is an outdoor sporting activity in which the participants use a G.P.S to play hide and seek containers. When you find them you sign a piece of paper to show that you were there. They are hid all over the US in city's , parks, mountains and in the desert. This one was hid 1/2 mile into the mountains but it was the hardest 1/2 mile I have hiked.



Well this was not a good idea and I have learned my lesson. There were lots of little cactus balls on the floor of this little nook and now I know why they tell you to carry a pair of needle nose pliers. Thank goodness one of the guys had a knife to help me remove the balls from my arm, side, and my butt. ouch,ouch ,ouch.








2 comments:

  1. now can we call you "cactus butt"? Great photos, Paul. Send my greetings to Buffy

    ReplyDelete