Saturday, June 18, 2011

Heating Up

WOW it sure is getting warm and we are still here in Mesa AZ. The temps have been between 105 and 115. We were planing to leave Tuesday the 21st and head up to Payson AZ. which is about 1&1/2 hrs away the highs there have been around 80 and night time lows around 60. Things really changed last week when we went to Buffy's doctor. On Thursday this week she is going to have a port put in. This is because her veins are developing scar tissue and they do not want her to take the IV needle any more. This will be done as an out patient at the hospital. All of her chemo treatment's, her blood work, and die injections will be given to her through the port. Most people who have this done wished that they did it earlier. She does not have to have her arms poked and prodded any more which is a good thing.

The week after that she is going to have a new PET CT done to see if the chemo she is on now is working. This will let us know the actual size of all the tumors in her body and will tell us of any new ones. Also next week she will have blood drawn to determine if she is anemic and will let us know how active her tumor are. The following week she goes in for her next chemo treatment. Her hair is really thinning now from this new chemo and might be looking like me soon. Hair is really over rated.

Now in between all of this we have tickets to go see the Cleveland Indians play the Arizona Diamondbacks on Monday the 27. So I guess we will suffer in the heat for another month and then we will try and get away.

Last week was a great week with our great friends Gary and Jean. We went to Laughlin NV. Harrah's Casino made us an offer for a three free night stay and show tickets to see Moonwalker a Michael Jackson impersonator. On our way there we stopped for lunch in Wikieup AZ for lunch. Jean found an old friend.



Our room with a view



The show was real good. He looked like Michel Jackson and had his moves down pat. I was going to teach him some moves of my own but Buffy said I would have to walk back home to Arizona, well as you know it was his loss. hehehehehe Shes a mean one!!!







During our stay I received a phone call from back home. They said that someone was trying to contact me and when they told me who it was I started crying. He was my best friend during and after high school. His name is Burton Clarke and we lost contact when he went into the Navy. I named my son after this person Joseph Burton Keller. I called Burt and we talked and talked. He lives near Peoria Ill. I wish we were on the road so I could stop by and see him. We have 40 years of catching up to do. Burt started a blog so we could keep in touch. Check out his blog if you want.

Linkhttp://wingnuts-haven.blogspot.com/

I LOVE YOU MAN


On Thursday we took a water taxi to Joe's Crab Shack for dinner. Afterward we followed the river walk and went into some of the other casino's on the water front.



I think Gary ate too much and is ready for a nap. Buffy is in the chair only because it is hard for her to walk any distance.




Gary, Jean, Buffy and myself came home Friday just in time to go to the Gila River Casino to see the Oak Ridge Boys in concert. I only knew one of the songs that they sang but never the less they were good and we really enjoyed the show. After the show the casino gave us 30 dollars in free slot play. We had thee losers and one winner. Gary won $1000 with a Royal Straight Flush.



SO FOR NOW THAT'S ALL TAKE CARE AND GOD BLESS

1 comment:

  1. Hey Paul. Let's see if this works. Great blog. Retirement seems to really agree with you. Sounds like you're having a ball. Really looking forward to meeting Buffy, and pray that she is healed with plenty of energy when we do meet. Love you Bro!

    ReplyDelete